Sunday, February 1, 2009

CIAO!

I moved into the new apartment today. It was raining here and moving 10 girls into an apartment across town with 3+ pieces of luggage each and 4 flights of stairs was quiet a feat! Luckily we were picked up by this sweet Mercedes bus (it didn't help us with the fact that there is no elevator haha but it did help with the luggage part). So the apartment is in the theater district of town. The apartment itself is actually attached to a theater and we can watch people waiting in line to go in from our kitchen window. I ventured to the food store for the first time today. This was a stressful experience as I think it was the first time I had trouble with not knowing the language. Met a few other American students today (at the food store) and they all said that our apartment is in a good location. Lots of things to do and pretty close to everything. Our apartment is huge!!! It used to be an old bed and breakfast and was recently restored. Jes and I are together in what used to be an old kitchen. (thats evident from the sink and air vent thats still in our room). It doesn't have a terrace like the other rooms..but we're not going to complain...we're in Florence!! We unpacked, hung up pictures and made it homey. The girls we are living with seem nice to far.
Tomorrow its off to class bright and early at 8am! First I go to language class until 12:30 and then its off to culture class which is from 1:30 to 4. Then a possible trip to Ikea is in the works to get a few things for the apartment. Should be a fun day though!


No comments:

Post a Comment