Thursday, May 14, 2009

Just another day in Italy...

Yesterday morning I woke up a little late and had to find a place to print out my Art History paper (since we don't have access to printers). I know of two places on my street so I wasn't too worried. I quickly got ready and headed out. First place...closed! Second printing place...closed! So I started devising plans in my head about how I could print out my paper. I'm quickly walking around and I find a fax machine place so I ask in there if I can print and the guy says no but gives me directions to another place which is pretty close so I find that. I walk in and ask the lady if she speaks in English and she tells me..in English..."No...I don't speak English!" so I try to formulate a sentence in Italian about printing out my paper from my email. So I'm trying my best to make the most Italian sense I can and she says, "I can't understand you!" in English again..of course..right..she doesn't speak English. Then she says something not very nice to me in Italian so I walked right out of the store. Now I start to slip into panic mode as I have class in 20 minutes and I have yet to print out my paper. And of course I know this is completely my fault as I left printing to the last minute...but I've lived in Italy for 4 months..they leave everything to the last minute!! I'm trying to stay calm..and I have to say...I think I would have lost it if it was last semester at Rutgers (Em: cue Loree printing run!) but the new me...decided to keep looking around and stay calm. I turn the corner and find another fax machine place so I run and see three cats sleeping on a fax machine and a bright blond haired woman sitting behind the desk with another cat on her lap!! I quickly find out she speaks English so I explain my story. She tells me that I can email my word document to her and she will print it out...AHH she's not realizing I need this in 15 minutes! So I ask if I could go on her computer and print it out right now..."Oh..of course!...We'll I normally don't let people do this..but...sure!" I was so relieved! As I'm sitting at her computer her cats are jumping on top of the computer moniter! It was so funny but I was so grateful that she was so nice to me and let me print it out. Within the course of 5 minutes I met the good and the bad in Italy. I made it to class in time...which was held at the Bargello Museum...one of the more famous museums in the world...I guess it beats Scott Hall!

Tonight, Nick is having a going away BBQ for us at his house! Should be fun! Tomorrow is Cinque Terra!

No comments:

Post a Comment