So although I didn't get to do as much with Aunt Debbie as we would have liked, we still made the best of it. Walking on the crutches was tough but we did as much as we could. The week went quick. On Thursday night, Aunt Deb decided to stay in as again as she was advised two days of bed rest so Jen, Morgan and myself (Jes is in the U.S. for the weekend for her brothers wedding!) went to the movies to see "Duplicity" with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. It started at weird but ended up being really good. I have to say I really enjoyed it.
Friday, Aunt Debbie and I took the hop on hop off bus after Florence without the hopping off of course!It was actually really cool and I learned a lot of things I didn't know. Then we went to the Santa Croce Market and hung out, got some gelato and enjoyed the sights and sounds of Florence.
On Saturday we ventured to the Bargello Museum which has many famous things like Donatello's David and Ghiberti's Bronze doors. I have been before but it is a fun museum to go to. From there we did lunch, went to San Lorenzo Market and then sat out in a piazza at a cute cafe, got drinks and again just enjoyed the beautiful weather!
On Sunday we went to Michelangelo's house and out to lunch at a delicious authentic Tuscan restaurant. Very yummy! Poor Aunt Deb was exhausted from walking on her crutches so we called it a day.
Today she just rested and pack for her early flight back to N.Y.C. tomorrow morning. I will be sad to see her go! But she has to get back to get her foot checked out by real doctors aka orthopedic hopsitals that HAVE crutches!
I have a busy week with 2 papers and a presentation due on Monday. Maggie, my roommate from Rutgers, is coming on Thursday! I'm so excited! Then Friday is our last Rutgers Excursion to Assisi, which is supposed to be beautiful! I'll show Maggie was its like to be a Florentine over the weekend and then she leaves on Monday and then its only 2 weeks left till departure :( Where did the time go?!
No comments:
Post a Comment